In essence, it’s a great tool that enables you to connect with your customers and increases your chances of being found by local customers.
What is a GMB Post?
GMB posts allow you to inform customers about upcoming events, special offers, new products, and other updates on your business. Posts are also usually overlooked as a ranking factor, so this is one area where you can stand out from the rest.
- Include an image of 540 x 405 size (you can create one in Canva for free)
- Images: use photos from jobs/stock photos
- Content: You can write up to 1500 characters
- Frequency: We recommend a minimum of once per week
What are the Types of Google My Business Posts?
– Covid19 or Hours Updates: This has been a new future due to the pandemic that enables businesses to provide accurate and updated information on a real time basis.
– Offers: For special deals and promotions, create an Offers post! Here are some examples of great offers that you can provide to your customers:
- Discount coupons
- Deals on shipping
- Extra items for a minimum purchase
- Free quotes/estimates
– Products: If you sell goods, then you can show them off in Product posts in your GMB listing. When you create a product post, you’ll be asked to provide a photo/video, product name/title, price, description, and a call-to-action button. Like Update posts, Product posts automatically archive after a week of posting.
– What’s New: This is where you can post general information about your business, services and overall updates.
– Events: You can share any upcoming events from your business. You will be required to include a timeframe.
Do Google My Business Posts Help SEO?
Google does love content, and the more valuable, unique and relevant content you post the more they will be inclined to favour you in their rankings. However, this is not a direct SEO ranking factor but it definitely helps.
7 Tips for Google My Business Posts
Check out below our top 7 tips for your Google My Business posts.
#1 Post Regularly
A good tip is to create a content calendar and schedule your posts in advance. At our agency, we use different local seo tools (such as Surfer Local and BrightLocal) which enable you to schedule posts in advance.
#2 Use High-quality Pics or Videos
#3 Include Relevant Keywords
#4 Test CTA Buttons
#5 Proofread and Avoid Grammar Mistakes
#6 Get Familiar with Google’s Rules
#7 Connect with Your Customers
Need More Tips For Your Google Business Profile?
If you’re unsure where to start with your local SEO, give us a call and our team can help identify a great strategy to increase your Google Business Profile visibility.